Selecting the proper investments can be tricky because there are so many options available. An investment management professional can handle it all. There are three key tasks involved:
- Key Information - An investment management firm needs all the key information necessary to accurately create your personal portfolio. You’ll have to discuss how much you are willing to invest, how much of a return you’d like if you have a timeframe of when you have to access said funds, and how much you’re willing to risk.
- Monitor Potential Investments - From shares in companies to government-issued bonds, there are a plethora of potential investment avenues available today. An investment management professional monitors all potential investments and carefully calculates the risks and returns of each. This analysis is extremely important for potential success.
- Create Investment Strategies - Your own personal investment strategy will be created based on your key information and the research conducted for potential investments. In most cases, a diverse portfolio is best as a nice spread across different assets can reduce the risk of loss.
Investment management encompasses all different types of investments including:
- Asset Management - The term “asset management” refers to the process of overseeing a collection of investments made on behalf of a group, such as mutual funds. The asset manager is responsible for making decisions that result in the maximum amount of returns possible to benefit all parties involved.
- Money Management - Money investment managers are able to access and manage a client’s portfolio without their approval, such as mutual funds. This discretionary money management technique is hands-off for you and still works to reach your investment goals.
- Wealth Management - Private investors, who are likely wealthy individuals, tend to invest in the capital market. A wealth investment manager will oversee all of the investment accounts for clients with a high net worth.
- Advisory Investment Management - Advisory investment managers make recommendations and suggestions regarding investments. This includes where, when and how to invest, as well as when to sell. Hiring a professional management team can ensure efficient management and high returns on your investments.
Are you ready to get a handle on your investments? Contact J Edward Sellars for personalised investment management services. We proudly provide investment service to clients throughout the Clevedon, Somerset and Bristol, England areas. Give our investment managers a call today to discuss your needs and to schedule a consultation. We look forward to working with you.