Date of last update: May 2018
J Edward Sellars takes the privacy and security of your personal information very seriously. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice (together with our Statutory disclosures and any other documents referred to on it) (“Privacy Notice”) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting the J Edward Sellars Website or using any of our services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this notice.
Information we may collect from you
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website, by corresponding with us by phone, email, in writing or otherwise.
- This includes but is not limited to information you provide when you open an account, request quotations, register for email alerts, request literature, sign-up for newsletters or enter a competition, promotion or survey.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and other contact information, financial and bank account information as well as other personal information and (if applying for employment) relevant information about your qualifications and work experience.
Uses made of the information obtained
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with any services and/or information you request from us (which includes carrying out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us);
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To provide you with information by post, email, telephone or otherwise about products and services of a similar nature to those you have previously purchased or expressed an interest in which are offered by us and which we think may be of interest to you. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us by phone, post or email.
- To administer internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of information we serve to you;
- To deliver targeted advertisements to you;
- To obtain your feedback on a product or service a third party appointed by us;
- As part of our efforts to prevent and detect money laundering, financial crime and other crime;
Disclosure of your information
We may share the personal data we hold about you across the Company to enable us to better understand your needs and run your accounts in the efficient way that you expect. Your personal data may also be used by us for customer modelling, statistical and trend analysis, with the aim of developing and improving our products and services.
We will never sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others however, we may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Our partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, or to enforce or apply our statutory disclosures or any other agreement or to protect the rights, property or safety of our sites, our users or others;
- Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Fraud prevention agencies, other companies and organisations to prevent or detect financial and other crime;
- Data, service and software providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our sites.
Where we store your personal data
We store your data on our secure servers in the United Kingdom and retain it for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires. However, your data may be transferred to, stored at, and processed at a destination inside or outside the European Economic Area by our partners or service providers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Safeguarding your personal data
The internet is an open medium and we cannot guarantee that any information you send to us by email or via our sites will not be intercepted or tampered with; any transmission is at your own risk. We will however, continue to make every effort to ensure that any data sent to us remains secure. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Calls to J Edward Sellars
When you call the J Edward Sellars main client telephone number, 01934 875919, we will collect the Calling Line Identification information and retain a copy of the telephone call for our training and security processes, We will also use the information to help improve our efficiency and effectiveness.
Links to external websites
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or how such websites collect and use your data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of this information you may contact us by telephone on 01934 875919 or you may write to us at our registered office address: J Edward Sellars, The Drive House, Manor Farm, Kenn Moor Road, Clevedon, Somerset, BS21 6TZ. If any of the information we hold is inaccurate, you can ask us to make any necessary amendments.
Changes to our privacy notice
We reserve the right to revise or supplement this Privacy Notice from time to time. You should bookmark and periodically review this page to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version of this Privacy Notice and so you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it. You can determine when this Privacy Notice was last revised by checking the "Date of last update" legend at the top of this Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries regarding privacy issues, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org write to us at J Edward Sellars, The Drive House, Manor Farm, Kenn Moor Road, Clevedon, Somerset, BS21 6TZ or call us on 01934 875926
Homepage - ©National Trust Images/Chris Lacey
Discretionary Managed - ©National Trust Images/John Millar
ISAs & Junior ISAs - ©National Trust Images/John Millar
Wealth Management - ©National Trust Images/John Millar
Financial Planning - ©National Trust Images/James Dobson
Investment Services - ©National Trust Images/Chris Lacey
About Us - ©National Trust Images/John Miller